1. Measurements should be taken comfortably without pulling the tape too tight (or) loose
2. Measurements should be taken in proper order with in a certain sequence.
3. You can draft original patterns based on these measurements which can be used as the basis of a variety of styles.
4. To select the pattern of correct size and later to make pattern adjustments to fit your figure you have to know your own measurement.
5. All girth measures should be taken tightly, as ease for movement is included in the draft.